Why choose VMC for your pet’s emergency care?
- Emergencies don’t make us panic –that's what we handle all day! Our emergency doctors and staff are oriented toward emergency medicine – they have the tools, resources, equipment, knowledge, and experience necessary to treat your pet in the most critical situations.
- Our emergency department is led by the greater Syracuse area's only Emergency and Critical Care Specialists. Our most critically ill patients can be directly transferred to the Critical Care service.
- Our licensed veterinary technicians are highly experienced and include multiple technicians who are formally specialized in Emergency and Critical Care and who are working toward such specialization. We have the largest group of Emergency and Critical Care specialized (VTS, ECC) technicians in the Syracuse area.
- We are the only veterinary facility in the Syracuse area available 24 hours a day – every day.
- The VMC is the only veterinary facility in the Greater Syracuse area to meet the rigorous requirements of the Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Society (VECCS) for a full-service Emergency and Critical Care Center.
- We'll communicate with your family veterinarian to ensure that appropriate care continues after the critical stage has passed.