Your dog can help save lives! Did you know that dogs need blood transfusions to help treat serious illnesses, just like people?
Your pet can help save lives by becoming a VMC Blood Hound.
Listed below are the requirements for canine blood donors:
- Your dog weighs at least 50lbs
- Your dog is between the ages of 1 – 7 years of age.
- Your dog is in good health
- Your dog is easy going and easy to handle at a veterinary office
- Your dog is current on Canine Rabies and Distemper/Parvo Vaccinations (vaccine records must be provided)
- Your dog is not receiving any medications
- Your dog receives yearly flea and tick preventative
- Your dog is spayed or neutered
If your dog meets these requirements, your dog can be a VMC Blood Hound!
Please note that we prefer clients that live within 20 minutes of Syracuse, NY as emergency situations may require donors to respond quickly.
Want your dog to join VMC's Blood Hounds? Email us at VMCBloodHounds@vmccny.com and we will send you a detailed information packet and application!