Your dog can help save lives! Did you know that dogs need blood transfusions to help treat serious illnesses, just like people?
Your pet can help save lives by becoming a VMC Blood Hound.
Listed below are the requirements for canine blood donors:
- Your dog weighs at least 50lbs
- Your dog is between the ages of 1 – 7 years of age.
- Your dog is in good health
- Your dog is easy going and easy to handle at a veterinary office
- Your dog is current on Canine Rabies and Distemper/Parvo Vaccinations (vaccine records must be provided)
- Your dog is not receiving any medications
- Your dog receives yearly flea and tick preventative
- Your dog is spayed or neutered
If your dog meets these requirements, your dog can be a VMC Blood Hound!
Also in need of some super cats to join our feline donor program!
Requirements for cats are slightly different than for dogs. Please contact us at VMCBloodHounds@vmccny.com for more information.